It is so hard to believe that a week ago to today I was in ER and being admitted to the hospital for this asthmatic bronchitis!! How in the world does time go by so fast when all you are doing is laying in bed??? I did get a little reading done today, but then fell asleep in the middle of one of the pages. I know I have posted about what a wonderful husband Steve is, but I have to give another example from tonight. Steve had to work late and had put in over 10 hours at work and asked what I wanted for dinner. A burger from Burger King sounded good with a vanilla shake. When he got home he realized that they had forgotten the vanilla shake. I told him no problem. He left the bedroom and I assumed was in the kitchen eating. I yelled out the answer to the Wheel of Fortune puzzle (as we play against each other each night) and knew he did not answer, right then I thought "I bet he went to get me a shake". Sure enough in about 15 minutes he returned with a shake, a Burger King shake. Now you have to understand that is no Burger King close to our house, but on his way home from work. I said,
"Did you go all the way back down there?", "No", he said, "I went to the one over off Campbell and I-75". Bless his little heart. Don't know why if he was going to make the extra trip he didn't make it easy on himself and just go across the street to Arby's or Sonic? But that is Steve always trying to please me. I try to be gracious and thankful for this type of loving gesture, but just hate that he seems to make things so hard on himself. I have told him a couple of times that we are like that O'Henry story where the husband sells his watch to buy his wife combs for her long hair, and she cuts her long hair to buy him a chain for his watch.
Anyway...I am thankful for such a selfless husband. Oh, did I mention the shake was chocolate and not vanilla? Didn't have the heart to ask him what he ordered, just took it and enjoyed every sip of his love in it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment