GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Friday, February 02, 2007
So if you haven't heard. I didn't get better, I actually got worse. Wednesday afternoon I called the doctor and told him nothing was working and I was wheezing so bad I could not get my breath. He told me I would need to go to ER and get a breathing treatment. A trip to the hospital? Just what I need another hospital experience. We went to Baylor Garland because I have been admitted there before, they do a good job and have private rooms. Well after sitting in ER for four hours, I don't know that that was the best decision. I was amazing how many people were there for relatively simple things like colds and flu. I don't know why they don't go to Docs in the Box? Steve said because most of them don't have insurance and ER rooms have to give them service. Anyway after 4 hours they diagnosed me with asthmatic bronchitis. After giving me a breathing treatment, there was no difference and my oxygen levels were too low so they said they would have to admit me. Then they couldn't find any open rooms. So after arriving at the hospital at 5:30 p.m. I was finally in a room at 2:00 a.m. by the time the doctor checked me out, the nurses did their duties it was 3:30!! Then at 6:00 all the new staff came and it all started over. So needless to say I was exhausted. But all day Thursday everytime I tried to sleep I coughed and woke myself up. Because my oxygen levels got stable the doctor said I could come home today and they would send and Nebulizer home with me and I could continue the breathing treatments here. I welcomed coming home, because even if I wasn't much better, I wouldn't have all the nurses interruptions to deal with in trying to get some rest. Don't get me wrong I am thankful for what they do, but they just couldn't seem to coordinate their visits with when I was coughing instead of when I was actually sleeping :) I am most bummed in that I was suppose to be leaving for our annual Ladies Retreat out in East Texas. It is a beautiful fern wooded camp on a lake. I go every year and it is just so much fun to be with all the women and have time to catch up with each other in an extended time. Not to mention just the extra time with the Lord as well. They had asked me to be on a panel to talk about what you do when your dreams don't come true. I will spend some time tomorrow posting what I thought I might be saying to those questions, just in case anyone is interested. In the meantime I was brought to tears tonight as I got a phone call from the ladies and they sang to me "We love you with the love of the Lord". How sweet was that? And now you know why I will desperately miss being with them all this weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry you missed the retreat. I would have loved to go also. It is an uplifting time for sure. Hope you can get some sleep. I am posting this at 2:30 AM so obviously I am not getting sleep tonight. Just woke up and was wide awake so figured I'd check a few blogs before trying to go back to bed. Good night!
I am glad that you are back at home! We have been praying for you. I was suposed to go to the retreat also, but Emaleigh can't seem to shake a fever of 105 and I was not comfortable leaving her, though it would have been in very capable hands!! Rest up and feel better!!
Becky and Kristi,
I am sorry that you both did not get to go to the retreat either. Becky, hope that baby comes real soon! Kristi, hope Emaleigh gets much better real soon! Thank you both for being my sisters in Christ and blessing my life! Hope the Lord will strengthen you today!
Post a Comment