Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Snippets

One of my best blessings of being on staff at Richardson East was getting to work side by side with Kerry Miller. Kerry was a great mentor. He held me accountable and helped me to strive for excellence in ministry. I have missed him and today it was a blessing to get to have lunch with him and just catch up on life. I am thankful that the Lord is blessing he and Pam in Malibu.

I went back into the 5th grade classroom this morning and will be co-teaching in there for a while. It is no secret that I love hugs and I am blessed to get a lot of them, but none ever warm my heart more than one from a 5th grade boy because it is just not cool at that age. But thankyou Aaron Troutt for that great unsolicited hug today. It made my day.

Today was the first time in a while I connected with worship, it is hard not to when all you are doing is singing about God's holiness.

John had a good sermon but don't know that there were any "aha" moments for me, just good reminders that we are the reflection of Christ and most times all non-christians will know about Christianity is what they know of me. It was special getting to hear Jordan and Emily Swim speak about their time in Thailand and Peru this summer and the ways they encountered God's presence.

Was looking forward to having a discussion on demons at Life Group tonight, but the person that brought up the question last week was not there so we tabled it until they can be there.

Last night we enjoyed an authentic Honduran meal as a fundraiser for the mission trip next summer. It was very spicy but good. I had never had Tres Leches cake...yummm.

Ran into Kent Hill at the resturant today, he was in town from Colorado and it was good to see him. He was sweet and told me to keep blogging. It does help from time to time to know that people don't think I just babble on and on :)

Everyone have a blessed week! Yea! Tomorrow starts my favorite season of the year!

No comments: