In today's daily Bible reading I saw something I don't remember seeing before. I feel silly saying that as I bet you all will say "I knew that" but I don't remember seeing before the King Darius did not want to put Daniel in the Lion's Den. But guess he had to because he made the decree. What I didn't know is that he trusted that the God of Daniel would keep Daniel safe. Then he was not able to eat or sleep because of his worry for Daniel. He then went very early in the morning and called out to Daniel, "Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God that you serve continually been able to rescue you from the lions?" When Daniel replied and told him an angel had shut the mouth of the lions he was overjoyed. He then made this decree:
"In every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel. For he is the living God and he endures forever; his kingdome will not be destroyed, his dominion will never end. He resuces and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions."
Unfortunately, Darius' devotion was very short lived and the people did not worship God. Made me take inventory of how short lived my own affections are some times. God shows up and does something amazing and how soon do I forget?
1 comment:
Wonderful post and thoughts for each of us.
I know I feel the same way many times.
Yet God renews, restores, and gives what we need.
Keep up the great job you do with your blog.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment