Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fireproof Your Marriage

Yesterday, Steve and I went to see the new movie Fireproof. It is from the same company that made Facing The Giants. While I don't think it will have the same universal appeal it was a good movie with a good message. It did show that God is able to restore any relationship if we just surrender and give Him control (in this case it was a marriage of a firefighter). Both Steve and I thought Kirk Cameron did a good job in the lead role. We were both impressed to read that Kirk refuses to kiss anyone but his wife (even in a movie)so they were able to use her as a body double. Isn't' it refreshing to know that someone will actually go against the flow and stand up for their own values?

I am impressed with the Sherwood Baptist church for continuing to try to share the message of Christ through movies. They don't just make the movie, get the money and go on, they actually create ministry around the movie. Go to www.fireproofyourmarriage.com and see all the resources that they have to help people manage the waters of marriage.

I loved that the main message of this movie was that we are able to love others with the love they don't deserve because we are loved with a love we don't deserve. Do I hear an amen?

So grab your spouse and go see this movie, I can guarantee that you will leave being more in love with each other and with a renewed spirit.

Before I close I just want to mention to that it was sad to hear that Paul Newman lost his fight with cancer. He and Joann were married 50 years, which is just an amazing fete in Hollywood! I am sure she is really missing her life partner.

No comments: