Today I was having a conversation with someone who said "I really wish I could say that God intervenes, but I don't think he does." When I disagreed they began to cite various instances such as: a boy that went blind, a man with Alzheimers, a baby that died, a woman with cancer, my accident, children who are abused, etc. and they asked how did God intervene? I looked up the definition of "intervene"
1. to come between disputing people, groups, etc.; intercede; mediate.
2.to occur or be between two things.
3.to occur or happen between other events or periods
4.(of things) to occur incidentally so as to modify or hinder
So maybe I was wrong and perhaps God doesn't intervene but instead He intercedes. The definition of "intercede" is:
1.to act or interpose in behalf of someone in difficulty or trouble, as by pleading or petition
2.to attempt to reconcile differences between two people or groups; mediate.
I think I have come to the point in my life where I know that there are just some mysteries about God that I will never understand. He has told me "His ways are not my ways", and while I wish it was all more black and white, somehow it excites me to know that one day the mysteries will all be known. But to not think that God is involved in every detail of our lives leaves us with no hope and no reason to pray. So what would you say to someone who thinks that God does not intervene in life circumstances?
1 comment:
Of course God intervenes in our lives. It is sad that some people believe when bad things happen that God was non-existent at that moment. I believe if something bad happens, God intended for it to happen. People die, people get sick, people get hurt. If God doesn't intervene the way some think he should intervene, what are they really saying? Thankfully, as you mentioned, one day it will all be revealed.
Post a Comment