Tuesday, April 08, 2008

One Answer

15 of you have read my post yesterday and only one person commented with my question "What would you say?". I really am interested in other's thoughts here. But in the meantime, today in one of my devotional readings this is what Max Lucado says and I thought it was perfect.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

"Innocence slaughtered. Goodness murdered. Heaven's tower of strength pierced. Mother's wept, evil danced and the apostles had to wonder, When all that good falls apart, what can good people do?
God answered their question with a declaration. with the rumble of the earth and the rolling of the rock, He reminded them, 'The Lord sits on His throne in heaven'.
And today, we must remember: he still is. He is still in His temple, still on His throne, still in control. And He still makes princes out of prisoners, counselors out of captives, and Sundays out of Fridays. What He did then, He will do still. It falls to us to ask Him to do so."

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Sundays out of Fridays...I like that. He's God. I'm not. I usually give Him a bad rap when someone isn't healed, a life isn't spared, etc. But who knows how many times He has sent His angels to prevent an illness or accident. When I pray for His protection, and I arrive safely, didn't He intervene?