Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Family Watchdog

I did not know that there was site where you could see if any offenders lived in your neighborhood. www.FamilyWatchDog.us It was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted .

When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as a small icon. There will be red, blue and green dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a criminal will appear with his or her home address and the description of the crime he or she has committed.

One street over from me is a man who committed burglary. Two sex offenders live close to the church building (one male, one female). Interesting that there are not many offenders in Sachse, Wylie, Rockwall, but oh my...look at South Garland.

While I think this is an important tool to help keep children safer, I could not help but think what it would look like if there was a box over my house for everyone to see my sins. I am glad there isn't!

No comments: