GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Supper Club Friends
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" was so right! When I first came to RE there was a group of women who invited me to join them on Wednesdays nights after church for food and fellowship. They called themselves the Supper Club. Over the years I have grown to love each one of the ladies. Each and everyone is so different, but put us all together and we just have fun together. I look forward to Wednesday nights and was really bummed when our elders moved their meetings to every other Wednesday night because it meant I would miss Supper club every other week. Tonight I was suppose to go to an elder's meeting, but I skipped it to be with my friends because it was going to be a special night. Randy and Linda had been part of the extra crowds for the grand finale filming of Friday Night Lights. Tonight that episode aired and we all gathered to watch a DVR version so we could stop and scan the crowds. Sure enough we were all excited when Randy spotted herself. Unfortunately, we could not see Linda. But tonight was no exception in that it was riddled with laughs. Next time you see Linda Matthews ask her what is the difference between a pettifore and a pedophile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Wednesday nights too. When you walk in on Wednesday nights it makes me smile. It's been hard watching you go through a long two years of pain and disappointment. You are a walking story of real life Christianity. We love you! Deb
Post a Comment