GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Focus Group
So tonight I made the most money I have ever made! $50.00 an hour. I was asked to come and be a part of a focus group to gather information on our experiences on wearing the external fixator. There were eight of us, all of us patients of my doctor. It was interesting hearing their stories. I was by far not the worst one there. One man has worn four fixators and has had 34 surgies in 4 years. Another man had 39 surgies. One thing we all agreed is that wearing the frame was definitely worth it to save our legs. We were all thankful that Dr. Freudigman fought to save our legs when others talked about amputations. There is something comforting about being with others that know exactly how you feel. I guess that is why support groups work so well. I hope the feedback that we gave will help the company that manufacturers the frame to make some improvements that would make it better and more user friendly. At the end of our two hour time we felt we had a common bond and we all walked out with $100 bill. Now I have to figure out what to splurge on!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment