GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Sunday, April 22, 2007
The Sunflower
Wednesday night at Supper Club Piper brought a book called The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans. I tried to tell her that I had a stack of books to read that I have not been able to get to, but she and Deb assured me that this was a sweet and easy read. Well two afternoons and I finished it and indeed it was a sweet read. It was a sweet love story as well as an inspiring story of one's mission (calling) in life. How God can bring beauty out of ashes. One of the quotes in the book really struck me "There are times, it seems, that God throws a cosmic switch that moves the tracks beneath us, burling our lives headlong in a new and uncertain direction. Of these times just two things are certain. It's best we don't know what's ahead. We can never go back." I totally agree that we can never go back, but this controlling nature that I have says what do you mean it's best we don't know what's ahead? Oh...you mean we have to have faith? As I continue on this journey may I just trust that even though I don't know what is ahead, I do have a faithful God that will see me through one step at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment