GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Thursday, April 05, 2007
LTC
Well tomorrow is good Friday and for the first time in 9 years I will not be working on this day. The church office is always closed on this day, and all the other staff get it as a vacation day but because the children participate in Leadership Training for Christ, I was always getting things set up for the convention. It will seem so strange not to be a part of that tomorrow. Since the redistribution of my job responsibilities, LTC does not fall under my umbrella anymore. So I will go on Saturday just as a supporter and observer. I actually have been involved in LTC for 14 years! So I really am going through withdrawal not being involved as a coach of any kind this year. I remember my first year all I took was a chorus because I really did not know what it was all about. Our Mesquite families went, the kids sang, we all went out to eat at the downtown El Fenix. Then I thought, perhaps I will go back and see what else is going on. I went room to room and watched all these amazing events and the kids participating them and determined that the next year we too would participate in more. I am excited every year to run into the Mesquite church people and kids and see they have continued to participate in LTC every year. When I first came to Richardson East, they were not involved either, so we began participating and now nine years later it is still going. I am especially proud of Brittany, Kirstin and Kelcie because they have been participating since they were grade school and now as high schoolers are coaching younger kids. To me this is the whole purpose of the weekend, is helping our kids find their spiritual gifts and giving them opportunity to grow in them and find a way to lead in God's Kingdom! So while, I will just be a observer this year and because of my retirement it will be my last LTC, I will take joy in watching our kids in action! The blessing is that other adults have continued the coaching and involvement and hopefully will keep it going. Thanks especially to Kelley Thomas who took on the responsibility of coordinating this year's LTC, even though her kids are not even old enough to participate yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember the 1st LTC we did! Wow, how time flies! Ashley will now be 21 this summer!! Have a great time!
Richardson East will NOT be the same without you. You have given the kids your all.Not many will
give the time, money and personal attention that you have.I hate that they won't have you drawing them closer to our Lord. May God continue to bless you richly for
your service to HIM and to "YOUR" KIDS.
I remember those early LTC days too. I went again yesterday and today with the kids from Decatur. I LOVE the fun and hubbub! A lot more now as a spectator only - not a parent trying to make all the events that overlap!!!! Thank you, Lynn, for all your dedication to children in the kingdom! Have a blessed Easter! He is risen, indeed!
Post a Comment