Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Prayer

Today I came across this prayer from Augustine:
"God of our life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and weigh us down; when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies grey and threatening; when our lives have no music in them, and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage. Flood the path with light, run our eyes to where the skies are full of promise; tune our hearts to brave music; give us the sense of comradeship with heroes and saints of every age; and so quicken our spirits that we may be able to encourage the souls of all who journey with us on the road of life, to Your honour and glory."
After reading this prayer it made my prayers seem so small. Where does someone get this kind of prayer lanuage? And how did it get recorded so that I could be blessed by it so many years later? Hope you were blessed by it as well.

2 comments:

Stichin’ Up A Storm said...

Lynn
I stumbled across your blog today. You are such an inspiration to me. My God really Bless you

Lynn Leaming said...

Thanks for your sweet words Stormy.
I am thankful that God is using me.
You and yours remain in my prayers.