Tonight I am watching "Little Miss Broadway" with Shirley Temple. I love the way her movies make me smile. She was just so cute and talented. I know there has to be other equally cute and talented kids, but there just doesn't seem to be any to match Shirley. I don't know what makes her so appealing? The movies were pretty much all the same...She is always an orphan who sings and dances her way into someone's heart. This particular movie starred Jimmy Durante. Now what made him a star? Just the novelty of his nose?
Another all time favorite movie of mine is Pollyanna with Haley Mills. I remember showing this movie a few years ago to a group of 5th and 6th grade girls on a sleep over. They were not impressed. Guess these movies don't translate through time, but they bring back memories for me, and I never get tired of watching them. Kind of like I Love Lucy. How many times can one watch her Vita-Vegamin commerical and not just laugh? My favorite has always been when she is at the retuarant in the booth next to William Holden and eating spagetti. How about you? Do you have a favorite that you just never get tired of?
2 comments:
I LOVE Pollyanna!!! My sister and I used to watch it all the time! We did not have cable or satellite growing up so, when we watched TV, we watched Disney movies, etc.
I wonder if not having other options, made us enjoy those movies?
I loved Pollyanna too! I wish our kids did not grow up so fast. I bet 3rd graders would still appreciate the movie. By the way, I can't watch Lucy. I get embarrassed. Wierd, I know. Deb
Post a Comment