Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Surgery Today

We arrived at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. this morning, and waited in the room until 8:45 at which time they took me to pre-op. Then about 10:00 they took me to surgery. Thank you God that this was the easiest surgery I have had during this process, as my blood pressure did not drop and my breathing rate stayed steady. I was back in my room by noon and left about 12:30. Felt so good Steve and I stopped at Red, Hot and Blue to eat lunch. It was yummy!
My leg is wrapped with an ace bandage from knee to toe. Hopefully I can take it off in a couple of days as it is really itching underneath. Of course I did not see the doctor, but his assistant talked to my mom and Steve and said everything went well. What a blessing to be able to come straight home and not have to spend any time in the hospital. Hard to describe the joy in taking off my pants and under garments without the frame! Yeah! I get to wear normal pants again! Hopefully the swelling in my foot will go down soon so that I can fit back into my
normal shoe size. Now the challenge is to push myself to walk, walk, walk. Let me close today by sharing a cute quip that was on a church's board today "Christ Is Risen. No bones about it!"

1 comment:

Liz Moore said...

Congrats on losing the frame! I'm glad everything went well. Yummy lunch! I love Red, Hot and Blues!