GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Happily Ever After
Tonight Steve and I went to Dustin Autery's wedding. It was in the back yard of Deb Tietjen's sister, Kathy. What a great day it turned out to be! The weather was just beautiful! The Warman's have a beautiful backyard and Deb and Piper had decorated everything with lots of twinkle lights and candles. It was a beautiful wedding. Matt Mcbryde did the ceremony and did a great job. I love going to weddings, there is something about seeing a new couple's express their love that strengthens my own love with Steve. Reminding me of the covenant we made with each other. Remembering all the dreams I had for us on our wedding day, and being so thankful that for 17 years those dreams continue to come true. I couldn't help but think during the vows tonight "in sickness and in health" that Steve has really got the short end of the stick in our marriage. He has been in the hospital two days in our 17 years. I on the other hand had a few stays in the hospital even before this past two years. I am so very thankful for a husband that has kept his covenant with me and continues to love me in sickness and in health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment