Tonight as I was returning from a ministry meeting I started thinking about dreams I have for my experience at church. Sowhile I realize that I could never be as eloquent as Martin Luther, let me share with you.
I have a dream of a church where:
-We don't just talk about outreach, we truly do it.
-We don't talk about being a house of prayer, but we are a house of prayer
-We are more concerned about other's needs than we are our own
-We are so much "the body" that no one is unnoticed
-Everyone uses their gifts to glorify God
-We truly have intergenerational opportunities to share our stories
-We who have much give to those who have less
-Instead of the 10% doing 90% of the work, that 100% join in as partners in ministry
-That our community knows us as the church that is there to serve them
-That there is a waiting list of teachers eager to teach our children
-That every classroom has a man in it as a teacher or mentor
Of course for almost everyone of these I am pointing at myself as much as anyone. I just wonder sometimes if Jesus were to write us a letter as He did the seven churches in Revelation what would he say? How about you? What are your dreams for your church experience or what dreams have come true?
No comments:
Post a Comment