Sunday, August 22, 2010

God Does It Again

Those of you that know me very well, know that often times God speaks to me through song. Today was another instance, except that the message didn't just come once, but several times. First when I was dressing this morning I had the T.V. on to the Contemporary Christian station. A song came on that I had not heard before.
"Before The Morning" by Josh Wilson, the words just spoke to my heart.


Do you wonder why you have to,
feel the things that hurt you,
if there's a God who loves you,
where is He now?

Maybe, there are things you can't see
and all those things are happening
to bring a better ending
some day, some how, you'll see, you'll see

Chorus:
Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

so hold on, you got to wait for the light
press on, just fight the good fight
because the pain you've been feeling,
it's just the dark before the morning

My friend, you know how this all ends
and you know where you're going,
you just don't know how you get there
so just say a prayer.
and hold on, cause there's good who love God,
life is not a snapshot, it might take a little time,
but you'll see the bigger picture

Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

so hold on, you got to wait for the light
press on, just fight the good fight
because the pain you've been feeling,
it's just the dark before the morning

Once you feel the way of glory,
all your pain will fade to memory
once you feel the way of glory,
all your pain will fade to memory

Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

I loved the line "cause the pain you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that's coming".

So then in worship this morning the sermon was about Moses and how God proved to him in several different ways how He was there for him. Whatever excuse Moses had, God showed him His power and provision. God is "I AM" because He is always enough. But then came the crowning moment in the morning for me. We sang "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

(Chorus)

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

All I could do was cry. It was a Zephaniah 3:17 moment, and I cried because God was singing over me. It was no longer "you will never let go" but "I will never let go". And the promise "and there will be an end to these troubles". I am counting on it!!

BUT.....that is not the end of the story!! Yes, this is a long post, but stay with me. This afternoon I was reading the chapter in Chuck Swindoll's book "The Man of Passion and Destiny: David" that we would be looking at in life group tonight. Steve and I had just got the book this week. After reading tonight's chapter, I decided to read last week's chapter entitled "A Song of Triumph".
>In talking about David's life Chuck Swindoll says "David sums up his life in four themes, four expressions that weave their way through this psalm of praise (2 Samuel 22)
1. When times are tough,God is our only security. (22:2-3, 7)
22:20 "He rescued me, because He delighted in me"
2. When our days are dark, God is our only light. (22:29)
Swindoll gives a great example of the process of floundering and then he says 'The same is true of the light we receive from God. At times we flounder along trying to peer too far into the darkness ahead. Yet He gives us just enough light so that we can see to take the next step. That's all He gives, and in reality, that's all we need.'
3. When our walk is weak, God is our only strength. (22:33-36)
4. When our future is foggy or fuzzy, God is our only hope." (22:51)

So thank you God for doing it again. I am sorry You have to hit me in the head with a frying pan for me to get it, but there was no doubt that today you were sending me a message that I will not forget and today I say like David:
"The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock!
Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOUR words were something. They helped ME. Just wish I could let it be a DAILY thing. As I have said many times. God sure gave you a gift of expressing HIS promises. Keep using it. I love you.