Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Blessing of Friends

Is there anything better than a great friend? I have been blessed with many throughout the years. I don't want to try to list them for fear of leaving someone out, but I just wanted to say my favorite thing about great friendships is that it doesn't matter how long you have to be apart, when you get back together, it just feels like you have never been apart....you just take up where you left off. We met two of our friends Karla and Randy Gerdes today halfway between Colorado Springs and Breckenridge....which was a little town called Marcel, population...less than 500, but it did have the Hob Cafe and Saloon. On the internet they advertised great buffalo burgers. Well today they were out of buffalo, then later we wanted to order a shake and they were out of milk??? They had sent someone into Denver to get some??? Nevertheless, we had 3 hours of great conversation. What Randy and Karla bring to our relationship that is also priceless in a friendship is prayer coverage. We did not part today without having a time of prayer together in the car. It is the best gift any friend can give you is to have your back in prayer. We had that today, but I have also had it with many other friends and it is what I most treasure!! I am thankful for all the friends that God has placed in my path, knowing not one of them was an accident, but I am especially thankful for the friends that make me want to be a better person because of who I see in them and that would be my Lord. I can only pray that God will use me in the same way and I will allow Him to be seen in me.

1 comment:

Stichin’ Up A Storm said...

What a blessing! Praying friends are the best, they encourage and give a reassurance that God is still in control no matter what!