Sunday, September 05, 2010

That Time Again

It is just not believable that we have been here in Colorado Springs 4 months already! I don't know where the time has gone! One thing that I have let slip, and I am not proud about, is my Bible study time. I have spent very little time this summer in the Word. I am not really sure why that is, other than I got out of the habit and just did not make it a priority.

But this week I will get back into a woman's Bible study and I am looking forward to once again doing Beth Moore's study, Stepping Up. I really enjoyed it the first time I did it a couple of years ago, and am sure I will even enjoy it more this time. I am also going to do a community Bible study, BSF, this year on the book of Isaiah. Both of these studies will require daily time in the Word and there will be good accountability, so I will get back into my study habits.

I do think there is a direct coorelation between my lack of Bible study and my low spirits of late. I think it is hard to stay centered on God and His purposes for my life without being diligent to spend time with Him in His Word. Satan robs my joy when I am not centered in God's Word. So I am looking forward to reclaiming that joy. And a by product of this is that I will have some things to share here on my blog about what God is teaching me again. I love documenting the lessons learned, so that I can go back and read them, because I tend to forget way too easily. So I am looking forward to the days ahead.

No comments: