GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Happy 34th Spiritual Birthday Steve!
Some of you may know and others not, that Steve and I did not get married until we were 36. The first marriage for both of us. It was so important to me to find a man who loved God and would be the spiritual leader in our home. I had seen first hand what happens when the wife is the spiritual leader and the husband either isn't or isn't even a believer. I prayed that God would send me a partner that would help me in the journey to heaven. As the title of my blog indicates, I live in anticipation of Ephesians 3:20 moments in my life. Marrying Steve is one of God's Ephesians 3:20 works in my life. He blessed me with a husband beyond all that I could ask or imagine! You see, I am not the easiest wife to live with. I hate to confess, but must, I have a sharp tongue and often speak without thinking but over, and over and over again Steve forgives me. Unconditionally forgives me. I am so thankful for that! He would not be able to do that if he had not been transformed into the image of my Savior. He loves Him so, and is a dedicated student of His Word. For the 21 years we have been married he has read the Bible cover to cover (don't know how many years he was doing it before that). In fact he is somewhat bummed because of all the chaos of a big move and getting settled in a new place he is behind his usual pace. But Steve doesn't just read to make a check mark that it is done. He applies the word to his heart and therefore is one of the godliest men I know. He would hate that I am even writing this because of his humility. So just let me say, I am so very thankful for this day in His life when He gave his heart to His Lord, because without it, I would not have the loving, faithful, committed husband that I have. There is no greater joy than having the confidence that your husband is going to lead you straight to the heart of Jesus and that the two of you will share eternity together. For that I am eternally grateful for my Ephesians 3:20God!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment