Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wake Up Call

I'm going to take a break from the Christian Book Expo postings today because there is so much to say about Ladies Bible Class today. We started a new study by Ruth Graham Lotz entitled "I Saw The Lord (A Wake Up Call For Your Heart)". If today's lesson is any indication of how the rest of the study it will be, it is going to be great!! I really wish more women could benefit from it. We only had about 12 present today. Let me just say that if you are reading this and are not in a small group Bible study, you are missing out. It is a great opportunity to grow close to a group while growing closer to the Lord together.

Ruth begins by saying this study is designed "to be a roadmap for your journey toward a revival of your heart and a fresh encounter with God". Definitely just the prescription I need in my life at this moment.

This first week's lesson was entitled "You're Sleeping" and was from 2 Chronicles 34:1-33. It is the story of King Josiah and how at the age of 8, when he became King (because his father had been assasinated)he went against the ways of his father and grandfather (who had been the eviliest king in Judah's history) and began destroying all the idolatry in the nation and rebuilding the temple of God. Idolatry and child sacrifice were rampant and Babylon was on the verge of capturing Judah.

Here are the things that God spoke to my heart during this study.

1. What are the areas of my life that need to be destroyed or renewed? Am I willing to tear down everything so that Satan does not have a foot in my heart?
2. Am I focused more on religiosity than relationship? Do I spend more time doing than being?
3. What causes God's Word to get lost to me?
4. How do I need to restore my temple?
5. I can ask the Lord "what do you need me to do for you" and He will say "nothing". God just wants be to be available for Him to do His work through me.
6. I need to move from who I want to be to who God wants me to be.
7. It is not enough to have the right relationship, it must be a love relationship.
8. There is 18 inches from the head to the heart. I can have head knowledge without it penetrating my heart.
9. Would God look at my relationship and like Abraham call me His friend?
10. I can always have the assurance that if I seek God, I WILL find Him.

No comments: