Steve and I went to Trey Laminack's wedding tonight. Trey is a friend I went to camp with for about 6 years. He was always the fun factor at camp. God has blessed him with a great sense of humor and a great love of children. He is currently a children's minister. I don't know his wife Sara, a drama teacher, but I do know she will be blessed to have Trey for a husband.
Their wedding was beautiful. The music was very unique. The opening song was in German and the song Sara marched down to was sung in Italian. Both were sung by high school students of Sara's, and they were absolutely amazing!!
The bridesmaids dresses were some of the prettiest I have seen in a long time. I think the color would be considered plum.
The flowergirls and ring bearer were Trey's nieces and nephews and they were adorable!! His older niece Madison was a Jr. Bridesmaid and she was beautiful. I had seen pictures of her on Stacy's blog, but had not seen her in a few years. Amazing how fast time flies.
There was a unique aspect in the wedding. The bride and groom's mother's poured water from pitchers into glasses and then Trey and Sara took them and poured them into a container along with the minister (who said He was representing God) who also poured his water at the same time. It was beautiful symbolism.
Trey and Sara are going to New York on their honeymoon and if you know them you would know it is the perfect place for them to go. Trey has a good friend Jonathan Root who actually performs on Broadway, so he will get to visit him while they are there.
Someone had made Sara and Trey a beautiful piece of stained glass with an "L" in the top. It hung at the front of the stage and was breathtaking. I told Trey I thought it was for me since it had an "L" on it. He said the guy that made it for him, would probably make me one too. I bet he would for a really pretty price!
Anyway...congratulations Trey and Sara! May the Lord bless you and keep you, may His face shine down upon you and give you peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment