GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Interesting Encounter
I had lunch with a friend in Coppell today. After lunch I stopped by the Lifeway near the Galleria to get birthday cards for the 5 family members that have March birthdays. I looked around the store and by the time I was walking out to my car, I was tired and my feet were really hurting. As I was unlocking the door this lady called out from my hood "Excuse me mam, can I ask you a question?" I was hesitant and said "yes" but I don't think she heard me and she said "never mind" and walked off. I got in the car and watched her and she was approaching another truck and waiting for the person to get out. Needless to say I was skeptical, but I drove the car to where she was and rolled the window down. I told her I was sorry that I was really needing to sit down and then said "how can I help you?" She told me she had just come from the doctor's office and got stitches removed and was needing cab fare to get back home. She told me where she worked and how she was getting paid tomorrow and where she went to church and who her pastor was and for some reason her age (55). I offered to take her home, she said she lived in Lancaster and I said that is okay, me taking her home would be cheaper than a Taxi. She said she needed to pick up prescriptions at Walmart. So I asked her if $20.00 would be enough to help and she was very grateful. Then she said "actually if you don't mind giving me a ride to the Walmart on Forest, that would really help." So she got in the car and we were off to the Walmart which ended up being at Forest and Greenville. We had a nice conversation on the way and she told me all about her life. We talked about God. We thought it was humorous that her name was Linda and mine Lynn. When I pulled into Walmart to let her out, she reached over and put her hand on my hand and said a prayer over me, even quoting scripture "may no weapon forged against her stand" Isaiah 54:17. It was just an instance of where I thought I was ministering to someone and she actually ministered to me. It was a God made me smile day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not many people would do what you did. I think it is great!
Post a Comment