I have posted here many time about how much music ministers to me. Yesterday as I was driving home from a baby shower I heard this song by Point of Grace on the radio that I had never heard before. It made me think "do I actually thank God for my scars?" The physical scars on my body remind me of some painful times. There is the scar on my wrist from when I tried to get my brother to let me in the house by banging on the window and my hand went through the window. There is a scar on my big toe from when I was a child and jumped in the wading pool where there was a coffee can and the rim was off of it and it cut my foot (yes they used to make coffee cans out of metal:)) There is the scar on my left leg where I broke it and had a rod in it in 1985. There are the scars from my gall bladder surgery and hysterectomy. And then there are the many scars from my car accident and that journey. Each one constantly reminds me of the incident that caused them. But what about the emotional scars? The times I walked away from God and made decisions that were against His holiness?? Do I really want to remember those times? I am so thankful that God has forgiven me as far as the east is from the west and He remembers those sins no more. But I remember them, and this song helped me stop once again and thank Him for His mercy and His grace. Perhaps those scars on my heart will keep me praising Him for who He is and what He has done for me.
I used to wish that I could rewrite history
I used to dream that each mistake could be erased
Then I could just pretend I never knew the me back then
I used to pray that You would take this shame away
Hide all the evidence of who I've been
But it's the memory of the place You brought me from
That keeps me on my knees
And even though I'm free
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
I have not lived a life that boasts of anything
I don't take pride in what I bring
But I'll build an altar with rubble that You've found me in
And every stone will sing of what You can redeem
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
Don't let me forget
Everything You've done for me
Don't let me forget the beauty in the suffering
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar
No comments:
Post a Comment