Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year's Resolve

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions because I am not self disciplined enough to keep them. But in my Bible reading in the past week there were several verses that hit me anew that I would like to pray that the Spirit help me to live better than I have in the past. Here are a few of them.

Colossians 3:17-And whatever I do, whether in word or deed, I will do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:23-Whatever I do, I will work at it with all my heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,since I know that I will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ I am serving.

Ephesians 4:29-I will not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Philippians 2:3-5- I will do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility I will consider others better than myself. I will not look not only to my own interests, but also to the interests of others. My attitude will be the same as that of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:8-9-Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—I will think about such things.

Hebrews 12:1-3-Therefore, since I am surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, I will throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and I will run with perseverance the race marked out for me. I will fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith

1 comment:

Liz Moore said...

Great words to live by! Happy New Year to you!!