Saturday, January 03, 2009

Collectibles

As I am putting the house back together after decorating I am thinking I probably have not blogged about my collections. Someone may say "what do you collect?" and my answer would have to be "what don't I collect?". No, there are really lots of things I don't collect but over the years here are a few I have collected: music boxes, clowns, Cherished Teddies, Precious Moments, Sandra Kuck plates, angels, snowmen, Christmas ornaments and Prayers and Promises figurines. Most of them have been gifts throughout the years. But Prayers and Promises is probably my favorite because the artist Bill Stross wrote thoughts to accompany each piece and I liked what they said.


Three of my favorites are: When Life Hands You Lemons

"Sometimes our plans work out, sometimes they don't. I have wanted thing sin my life so desperately that in my shortsightedness I've forgotten there is a plan greater than my own. Life is far different than I had planned, but if it hadn't been for a few lemons I would have missed out on some of the greatest blessings in my life. Life can seem full of lemons, but sometimes it is hard to b eat an ice-cold glass of lemonade."

Winds of Change

"I liken the wind to God's will for our lives. We can sail against it, but the journey is long and exhausting. Or we can simply submit, put the wind to our back and sail almost effortlessly in a new direction. Perhaps not where we were going, but rather in the direction we should be going."

Perseverance and a Little Faith

"Perseverance is defined as a stead persistence in the face of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement. But perseverance and faith are so interdependent that it would be difficult at best to have one without the other. Faith equips us for perseverance and perseverance is the barometer of our faith. Our job is to do all that we can...that's perseverance, and trust in God to do all that we can't...that's faith."

No comments: