I was going to post about a book I finished reading this morning, but some other things happened today I would like to talk about first. The book will wait till tomorrow and probably take a few days because of some profound questions in the book.
Anyway, for today. I am not a Hillary Clinton fan, but I thought she was admirable with the way she did her concession speech today. I don't think I could have had that kind of composure after losing such an empassioned race.
Steve and I were honored to be invited to the wedding reception of Deb Aldrich and Ken Williams. For those that don't know, Deb and her husband Doug were in a tragic accident in December of 2004. It has been such a blessing for me to watch the healing that God has done in Deb's life. It hit me this morning that her relationship and marriage to Ken is a living example of Isaiah 61:3 where the Lord has brought beauty from ashes and joy from mourning. They had a private family ceremony and then a reception at Cantina Laredo. Steve and I had never eaten at this restuarant, but will definitely be going back. It was delicious.
We then stopped by the Plano Life Center to visit Jeff Curtis. He has MS and had a pulmonary embolism. He will have to be in the rehab center for a few weeks while his body adjusts to being on comudin. Please add Jeff to your prayer list. Specifically that the Lord remove all the blod clots and that Jeff will have the strength to be patient. It cannot be easy being in a facility for rehab that is 80% elderly people who actually live there all the time. As we were leaving this little lady was pushing herself in a wheelchair and just moaning and crying. I felt so helpless and didn't know what to do. Unfortunately, I have to confess I didn't do anything. Jeff mentioned that he just has not seen many visitors come to visit the residents there another visitor who was there in the room said "you can understand why. Who want's to visit a nursing home?". Just thought it was a sad comment. Who likes to visit a hospital? The point being is it isn't suppose to be about you, it is about the person who needs the visit. So if you have time in the next two weeks, go by and visit Jeff. It will be you that is blessed by his sweet spirit.
Finally, who else was routing for Big Brown to win the Kentucky Derby?? Who would have ever guessed he would come in last?? Bet the people who took the risk and bet on Da'Tara are happy campers at 38 to 1? Gives new meaning to "the first will be last and the last will be first".
No comments:
Post a Comment