Monday, June 09, 2008

First Light

Saturday morning I finished a book called First Light by Bodie and Brock Thoene it is the first in the A.D. Chronicles seven book series. If the following six are anything like the first it is going to be a great summer read! These books are Historical fiction and this one had characters who were living in the beginning of Jesus' ministry. The lead character was Peniel who was actually the blind man that the Pharisees asked "who sinned him or his parents". I don't want to give too much of the plot away for those of you who might want to read the book. But what I do want to do for the next few posts is post some questions where were given at the end of the book to lead you into deeper Bible study. I found some of them very thought provoking. I will put their question in bold italics and then my answer. I am hoping some of you will be able to share some of your thoughts as well.

If someone you really trusted asked you privately what your biggest life question is, what would you say? What situation past or present makes this question particularly important to you?

I think right now my question would be why God allows children to suffer. I understand suffering being part of a fallen world, I just don't understand when it is children who have not had an opportunity to have what I would call a normal life. And even more so children who parents with amazing faith who believe that God can heal their child and keep trusting in Him and praying for Him to do so.

Jeremiah 6:16 " "Stand at the crossroads and look;ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,and you will find rest for your souls."


If you had exactly one hour to talk to Jesus face-to-face what questions would you ask Him? What comments would you make? What emotions would you share?


I don't think I would take time to ask Him questions. I think I have more questions for God than Jesus. I think I would just be spending my time thanking Him for His sacrifice and my salvation. I think I would be more interested in listening to Him and what He would want to say to me than taking up the time with me doing the talking. I am anxious for that day when I won't just get an hour with Him but eternity. As the song says "I can only imagine".

As an addendum to this post I will admit that I used to say that I would have two questions for God one day "why did He put salt in the ocean", swimming in the ocean would be so much more fun without the salt. Can't say it is for the fish because they were created after the water. Then my other question is "where does snot come from?" You blow and blow and it just comes back. I know....your opinion of me just dropped ten notches. The great thing about my God????? Is there is not any question too serious or too silly for Him and how I long for the day that we will know as we have been known (I Corinthians 13:12)

No comments: