Friday, January 04, 2008

More Random Thoughts

First of all thanks to those that were brave enough to post to my comments yesterday. Roger I appreciate the explanations. I guess because I have been blogging a year now and have not got any spam on my blog, I did not know you could do that the same as email. And I appreciate the political explanations, obviously I did not retain what I learned in government class ions ago. I did know the purpose of primaries, just didn't understand the caucus procedure. Becky I appreciate your comments, you have given me something to think about, but still don't know that my conscience will allow me to vote for someone who is going to promote funding for stem cell research through abortions. Oh my Kristi, either you are kidding or you must really explain to us the relation to Mike Huckabee.

Kristi had a great post the other day about the reasons she blogs and I thought I would add that because of blogging my parents now have a new car. If you read Tim Perkins blog (with all the cool airplane pictures) you know that he recently had to make the hard decision to take the keys away from his 86 year old mother. He mentioned that he was going to try and sell the car. My parents have been driving a 1995 Buick that has 134,000 miles on it and Steve and I have been concerned about that for awhile, fearing they would get stranded on one of their many trips to the VA. So I contacted Tim and found out his mother's 1997 Oldsmobile only had 27,000 miles on it and today we were able to help my parents get the car (thanks to a generous Christmas gift from my brother Brad as well). We will all rest much easier. So if I didn't read blogs and Tim didn't post blogs we would not have found such a great car at a very reasonable price!!

I haven't told anyone this but in November I started trying to focus on losing weight. After my lengthy hospital stay and rehab I stepped on the scale and was surprised that I had lost 100 lbs. Unfortunately as I got better I went back to my old eating habits and gained 40 of that back, so I decided if I didn't make some permanent changes in my life I would get right back up there. Well today I felt sooooo good because my weigh in showed I lost 6 pounds over the holidays!!! I was going to be content if I just maintained but was thankful for the loss. And the best part about it was I did not go without anything I wanted over the holidays, I just chose to eat much smaller portions. I am asking that God really help me to revamp my thinking and this not be a diet but my new way to live. I have about 150 pounds to lose, so it is a long road ahead but I will travel it one day at a time and trust that God will reward my efforts.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!

2 comments:

Stichin’ Up A Storm said...

Lynn
You are definately in my prayers with the weight issues. I am also activiely working on loosing. I am concerned about the looming health issues in my future. I pray that you will have much success!

Brooke said...

I didn't know until now that you were able to get Grandmommy's old car! That's wonderful! It appears that everything worked out perfectly with my grandmother willingly giving up the car and you being able to find a car that literally was only driven to church and back. God is good!