Saturday, January 12, 2008

Movie Watching

Wow! Where did this week go? It has been a long time since I have been too busy to blog. Hope I didn't lose too many of you checking in? The countdown is on for the ladies retreat and the preparations are really eating up a lot of my time. I am responsible for the content of 2 of our 9 windows as well as one of the talks. My windows are the Bathroom and Entertainment room. For the entertainment room I needed some movie clips so I have been watching several movies. I joined Blockbuster online for a month because it was only $9.95, but will cancel it once the month is over because it seems silly to pay a cable bill and then pay $17.99 on top of that just to have more movies. Anyway, this week I have watched: The Illusionist, We Are Marshall, The Ultimate Gift, Cats and Les Miserables. Plus I found a new site Wingclips.com where you can watch movie clips. It has some really good ones from movies I had never heard of before. So last night about 1:00 a.m. I finally finalized what clips I would be using. Now, you will have to come to the ladies retreat to find out or if you're a man and are interested you can email me and I will tell you :)

I thought the Ultimate Gift had some good thoughts in it. So if you were having to compile a list of what you thought was important for someone to learn what would you include? The twelve gifts in the movie were:
The gift of friendship
The gift of family
The gift of money
The gift of dreams
The gift of laughter
The gift of learning
The gift of problems
The gift of giving
The gift of gratitude
The gift of a day
The gift of love
The gift of work

I think I would add the gift of forgiveness, the gift of grace and the gift of unconditional love. How about you what would you add?

1 comment:

Neva said...

I have been reading for some time now. I like the gift list--I am with you add the gifts of forgiveness and grace.


Have a beautiful worship tomorrow.
Blessings
Neva