Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolutions


I know a lot of people make New Year's Resolutions, but I am not one of them. I like to do reflections and determine how I could do better and then commit to pray about them. Maybe it's the same thing, but seems to me that most resolutions are meant to be accomplished in our own power. In fact we say "I will......." And it seems to be that 99% of all resolutions I hear about have something to do with weight. So in light of that fact here again is a little humor.


Will's therapist told him that the way to achieve true inner peace was to remember to always finish what he started. So today, Will has finished 2 bags of potato crisps, a gallon of ice-cream, two buckets of chicken, and a chocolate cake. He feels much better already.

  • Do you call a person who has abandoned their diet a desserter?
  • It's not the minutes spent at the table that put on weight, it's the seconds.
  • The toughest part of a diet isn't watching what you eat. It's watching what other people eat
Anyway, I would be interested in hearing about your resolutions, if you want to share them.

1 comment:

Cathy Burgess said...

In my younger days, I would make new year's resolutions. I don't anymore. I don't remember one resolution that I actually kept. Mine too, were mostly about losing weight, getting more exercise, etc.