Steve and I arrived yesterday about noon in Nashville for the Christian Education Conference. This is a small church of Christ conference for Education Ministers. We have been coming for about 10 years now and have made friendships from all across the country that we enjoy renewing each year. We are staying at the Sheraton in Downtown Nashville and have a really nice view of downtown from our window. The Country Music Hall of Fame is only a couple of blocks away, so maybe I will venture over to it before I leave.
When we arrived yesterday it took us about 30 minutes to get an elevator as there was some kind of convention here in town and 1,600 people were staying at this motel! They must have all just let out of a session and all were going to their rooms, because it was just crazy. This morning they were all coming down the elevators with their luggage so it was even more challenging trying to find room in an elevator. The good news is they are now gone!! The lady at the front desk told us it was some kind of multi-layer marketing group and we saw the name this morning and I tried Google to tell you something about them, but didn't see anything.
Last night I wanted to blog and now I don't even remember what I was going to say but there was no way I could get on the internet last night. Everytime I tried I got the Renaissance Hotel across the way about 2 blocks. The Sheraton gave us a technical support number and they got us on for about 2 minutes and then when Steve called back they put him on hold and were telling him all these numbers he could call for phone sex so he hung up. Just amazing!!! You would think a motel you are paying over $100.00 a night for would have better service than that! Anyway...I have no idea whose service I have hacked into right now, but just wanted to post while we were here.
This morning we got up and went out to breakfast at Shoney's. Now in year's past they have had a wonderful breakfast buffet. Well guess what?? Not any more!!! We should have got up and left this place and what made it worse if you didn't get the buffet you had two choices on the menu, pancakes, or bacon and eggs. Then why we are eating we hear this ruckas and these two women begin arguing and one gets very loud and VERY foul mouthed. I could not believe that the management did not come and put an end to it. Their husbands put an end to it and I watched one woman walk back to her table where her two twins (about 7) were sitting with these horrified looks on their face. What were these two women thinking??
Steve and I had already decided that we would go to the church where Michael Card goes in Franklin Tennessee while we were here. So we headed for Christ Community Church. They are in the middle of a sermon series on Revelations. When is the last time you heard a sermon from the book of Revelation? Much less an entire series. It was a really good sermon too. I thought they had an interesting approach; their founding minister preached a segment then they had the offering and some singing, then their senior minister preached a segment and they had a praise singing time and then the first guy preached a 3rd segment and they had a singing response time. It was interesting to hear more than one guy delivering the message and then I thought it helped with my attention span to have the breaks of worship in between.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention it is cold here!! Only 14 when we left this morning and 25 when we came out at noon. There is a frozen fountain in the plaza below that looks really cool and I wished I had brought my camera. Anyway, I was really glad I brought some gloves because I have not been able to get warm.
Now the Lobby is full of "Right to Life" people. Did you know that today is Right To Life day? It is a day proclaimed by President Bush to be for the protection of unborn children. I had no idea such a day existed?? Is this the first year for it?? They announced it at the church we were at this morning and then when we returned to the motel there were all sorts of people here for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment