I love going to weddings. It is just fun to watch a couple start life together, really clueless as to what really lies ahead. There is such innocence. I love sitting next to my husband during a wedding and just reliving our own vows and being thankful that 20 years later I can have all confidence that we have kept those vows to one another.
Today's wedding of Erin Snyder and Marshall May had to be one of the funner weddings I have been to, in that Marshall and his groomsmen seemed to have fun. Hopefully that means that he will keep things lively in their marriage. And I must say that Sara did an amazing job in sewing all the bridesmaid dresses.
One thing I have noticed about weddings is people do not arrive late. At Richardson East people are always talking about "R.E. time" because no one ever gets to Bible class on time. It is almost like it is just acceptable to be there at 9:15. As a Bible class teacher I find this to be very frustrating because you do have a couple of kids that get their early (because their parents are also teachers) and you have to begin class for them, and yet the kids that come in so late want to do the activity but don't get to because you are ready to move on to the next thing. Anyway...
my question is why can people get to wedding's on time, but not Bible class? I guess one thing that makes it easier is weddings are usually later in the day. Anyway...just wonder if God thinks our excuses for being late to meet Him are acceptable?
No comments:
Post a Comment