Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I am thankful that God has allowed me to spend another Father's Day with my Dad. He wanted to go to the Great Buffet for lunch, so we did that on Friday. Today was simple, he didn't want a dessert, so I just took him some grapefruit. He loves grapefruit that is peeled. It took me about 45 minutes to peel him four, but it was worth it because he was so pleased. I have to admit doing this made me appreciate my mom, because she peels them for him all the time, and it is quite a bit of work to get all that skin off. Anyway...that's my dad, so easy to please, and very appreciative of just the simple things in life.

I am just thankful for the gift he has been to me and the most important gift he has given me which is the gift of having a father who has a heart for our Father. He is a wonderful vessel that God has loved me through and I am eternally greatful. I am not ready to say goodbye to my Dad, but he is sure ready to go home. I will just be grateful for each day until God calls him.

Recent picture of my Dad and his great grandson Talon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure made a BIG HIT with that
grapefruit. As I said before, every
parent should have a wondeful caring daughter like you. Thank you for being such a blessing.
We were so impressed with your statement, "If daddy wanted
chocolate covered cherries from
Brazil, I would get them somehow for him."
You know what? We know you would!!! Thanks for making all our days better by just being YOU.
Your Mother