Thursday, November 06, 2008

Letter to President Elect Obama

So...I also wrote a letter to President Elect Obama.

"Dear President Elect Obama,

Last night in your acceptance speech you said “I may not have your vote, but I hear your voice and I am your President too.” I hope that that is a true statement. I did not vote for you because you say you are pro life, but will not make sure that life is protected. You say that you believe marriage is defined as between a man and a woman, but you will not take a stand to protect our families. You assumed I was more concerned about money (tax refunds) than about being “one nation under God”. I am trying very hard to follow the Lord’s Word in Luke 6:37 and not judge you.

I just wanted to let you know that much more important than hearing my voice, is that I pray that you will hear God’s voice. Today we received a message from the Presidential Prayer Team that we have been a part of for the past eight years. We wondered if the prayer team that originated with George Bush would now disband. We are glad that it is not and they are now telling us specifics as to what we can pray for you. 2 Timothy 2:2-3 tells me that I am to pray for you and I do commit to do so.

My specific prayer is that you will seek the Lord and His will for this great nation. God has already used you to show how all of His children are important and equal. I do rejoice that you have been able to show us all there is nothing that is impossible in America. So I am hoping you will also lead the way in showing what it looks like when a country does put God first. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says ”If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” This verse indicates that a country can turn from God and need forgiveness and lose His blessing.

Every speech I heard you make you closed by saying “and God bless the United States of America.” So I am asking you Mr. Obama to please protect the rights of our unborn children. I am also asking that you will stay true to your word “not to be a Democrat but an American” and protect our heritage of family by not supporting the homosexual agenda.

Thank you for listening to this one American’s voice. I know that God will bless America if we keep Him and His ways at the center of all we do. May He bless you with the wisdom you will need for the hard decisions ahead."

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I noticed that too about Obama, that he said he was pro life, but then he said it was the mother's choice. I read what each of them stood on the issues I cared about and made my vote based on that. I voted for McCain. I think either way the election turned out, much would be changed. I hope he really reads this letter and considers it.

By the way, I updated that post. Not sure if you have read it yet.

Stichin’ Up A Storm said...

I think that was very well spoken. Thankyou Lynn!