Sunday, November 09, 2008

All to Jesus I Surrender

Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble singing this song? Most of the time I cannot sing this song because I cannot honestly say the words. I wish I could, but I know I don't surrender all. This would be how I need to sing the song.

Some to Jesus I surrender,
Some to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and try to trust Him,
In His presence try to daily live.

I surrender some,
I surrender some.
Some to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender some.

All to Jesus I want to surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures some forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus I want to surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

I usually listen as other people sing this song, wishing I could sing it and mean it.
I still have a long way to go before I can sing it, but perhaps next time I sing it I will be able to say I have surrendered a little more.

1 comment:

MATT G said...

Man,this hits close to home with me as well. I hope one day I can surrender all to the Lord without trying to work it out myself. Hope all is well with you all. Tell Uncle Steve I said hi please!! Have a great day.

Matt