Monday, November 03, 2008

Election Thoughts

So since the election is on all of our minds I thought I would post about it today. I have heard so many people say "God's Will, will be done in the election. Whoever He wants to be president will be president." I disagree. I don't think whoever God wants to be president will be president. It will be whoever the electoral college votes for. I think He will allow us to make a mistake and then use that person for His purposes. Unfortunately, His purposes could be to bring us all to our knees. America cannot be surprised if that happens when we have moved further and further away from the heart of God. I am among the guilty who has allowed prayer to be removed from school, the ten commandments to be removed from buildings, homosexuality to become an acceptable alternative lifestyle, not standing up for the rights of the unborn and on an on it goes. Did you know that teachers in the Plano school district have been told they cannot wear crosses as jewelry,but muslim teachers can still wear their hijabs? It's another example of the way we are moving away from God's heart. I'm not apathetic, I am just uninvolved in making a difference. I do take great hope in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that God will give us another chance when we fall to our knees and pray and seek His ways.

I liked this list that Anita sent today in an email. It does give us all hope.


TEN PREDICTIONS NO MATTER WHO WINS THE ELECTION:

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

2. Prayer will still work.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost.

1 comment: