I watched the Presidential debate last night and thought to myself "did we hear anything new?" It seemed to me it was the same old rhetoric. I am trying not to worry about this election and to trust that God will put into power the person who should be there. The scary part to me, is that He will not necessarily put the person in who is the most godly. It could be that He gives America what we are asking for and then teaches us hard lessons as He did in the Old Testament when His people clamored for a king.
But, I am just amazed to find out that there are actually 11 other candidates for President that we have not head about, not to mention about another 50 who are running as Independents, because in America any citizen over the age of 35 can run for president. Nevertheless, did you know there are other parties besides the Republican and Democrat party? Here are some of them: Constitutional Party, Libertarian Party, Boston Tea Party, Green Party, Independent Party, Prohibition Party, Reform Party, Socialist Party, Party of Socialism and Liberation, Socialist Worker's Party and finally the Marijuana Party.
Seems to me it would be more interesting to at least have a debate with the the Constitutionalists, Liberationist, and Independents along with the Republican and Democrat. The hard thing is knowing you don't like the Republican or Democrat but to vote for anyone else right now is throwing away your vote. I would just like to have a better choice.
Anyway...if you want more information about this post, I found the information at:
www.politics1.com/p2008.htm
2 comments:
In America's early days, the people tended to elect the most gifted leader in the country. Thus, we got the Washington and Jefferson types, and their impact on the good ole USA remains. I find it scary that McCain and Obama are the best we can come up with. Our most talented leaders are not in politics, and even though I don't blame them, it hurts our collective future.
I am going to have a very difficult time deciding who I want to vote for. I like neither, but I think that in the long run it really doesn't matter because the Congress people are the ones who end up passing or vetoing what the president wants to accomplish. I have decided when I go to vote that I will not vote for any incumbent.
Post a Comment