So one of the things I had not done since my accident that I have been wanting to do is go to Canton. I have always loved shopping for the one of a kind types of things you can find at Canton. Today the love affair lost it's flair.
First of all, dumb me just drove like I thought I knew where I was going until after 90 minutes things were just not looking familiar and I realized I was on I-30, not I-20. Thanks to the Garmin it took me down a side road and I was only 24 miles out of the way. Then when we got there the guy sent me to what I thought was handicap parking, but I could not find any. We did luck out and found a place close to where you rent scooters, only the lady is front of me was getting the last one. I wanted to offer her money for hers, she didn't look like she needed it anyway, but I just gave her this puppy dog look that said "don't I look like I need it more than you?", but she must have not thought so, because she just rode off with no hesitation. Of course there were 100 more scooter's round that place and not one person got off theirs and offered it to me. How rude was that???
So, I actually used my walker and spent 6 hours walking around Canton!!! I had to sit a little every hour to make it, but I did make it. I do have to complain a little more though in that I think it is sad there are so many rude people. They don't look you in the eye and just bowl you over with those scooters or rolling carts. No one says "excuse me" much less "sorry". I could not help but wonder if I was that rude before my accident, just oblivious to those who are handicapped.
So part of the negative of retirment is having to scale back and be on retirment income. Couldn't just splurge on whatever I wanted, as now there are budgets. Really wanted a beautiful floral arrangement for my dining room table, but $90.00 was more than my budget. I also was looking for a mirror to go over my entry way table, but no look. I came home with some dips and sauces for holiday parties, and several packages of soups. There is a company called All Of Us: Old Plantation Soups and Dips, and I love their soups, the Chicken Enchilada is the best, but I also like the Vegetable, Chicken and Vaquero. Nothing better than a good bowl of soup and fresh salad during the winter months.
Anyway...I think I will sleep really well tonight...if I can only get up out of my chair and make it to my bed :)
3 comments:
You should try McKinney's third Saturday. Much smaller scale, Canton is too exhausting! Hope you recover by morning:)
Wonderful.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
I enjoy reading your blog very much and have added your blog to my favs. I am looking forward to reading as often as possible. As time and heath allow. God bless all you do. Keep up the great work you do with this blog. I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.
Sorry your excursion to Canton wasn't what you expeceted. Yes to your rude question, folks are rude. Hope you don't have any ill effects from your day long excursion.
Post a Comment