Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mom's Favorite

We all know that mothers are supposed to love all their children equally.
Hopefully you never felt like this?



My mom and I had a special day today as she took me out for an early birthday celebration since I will be gone on the actual day. We went to see Kit Kittredge.We were both surprised that it was actually a good movie. However, I don't think it should be rated "G". The subject matter about the Great Depression and how Dad's left families to find work and people had to live in Hobo camps where they were looked down upon by others and accused unjustly. It had a good moral message, but I am not sure children under the age of 8 would have even understood? Couldn't help but wonder if the kids watching even knew what a typewriter was?

Then we went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. Yummmmmmm! We split the Country French Salad and the Chicken Alfredo with Sundried Tomatoes. Mother had the Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake and I had the Carrot Cake Cheesecake. It was yummy too, but have to admit I like my old standby the Chocolate Brownie Sundae Cheesecake much better.

I am blessed to have a mother that I enjoy spending time with. We are the best of friends and I praise God for her steadfast and unconditional love.

4 comments:

Isobel Rowan said...

Hey Girl, I *loved* this post. Your mom sounds awesome. It made me miss my mother and I do miss and love her despite it all.

Plus, I love cheesecake. What a great combo...mom and cheesecake. I wonder if heaven will be like that. Jesus, mom and cheesecake. Hmmmm...

BTW, I leave July 31 for our mutual hometown! I'll take a pix of your alma mater for you and post it on my blog. Do you ever get back there?

I plan to eat Mexican food morning, noon and night. I know you'll find this hard to believe, but Mexican food in NC is terrible and expensive.

stacey4 said...

I lOve that picture...everytime I see it it makes me laugh!!!

Cathy Burgess said...

glad you and mom had a good time. i know so little about movies these days, that i had to look up kit kittredge.

Lynn Leaming said...

Isabel,
I will be close to El Paso on the 31st actually will be leaving Ruidoso NM on our way home, but it adds about 2 hours to go through El Paso, so we aren't. I do get back every couple of years, but really haven't kept in touch with high school friends. It has probably been about 8 years since I went by the school. Hope you have a good and safe time!