Friday, July 25, 2008

Another Great Day

I was so proud of myself. I rolled out of bed at 5:45 this morning to take a picture of the sunrise to post it for you to see. Then about 9:00 when I was up and around I saw a deer out front and took a picture through the window because I was afraid if I opened the door I would spook it. Well, later in the day I was taking bunches of pictures of hummming birds trying to get just the right one and then in deleting the ones I didn't want I somehow deleted the other pictures :-( Including a picture of a hawk or eagle. I was so sad.

Steve didn't know that Hummingbirds had feet, he thought he had been told they didn't but the way this one is perched on a branch, he now knows different.


But God did send me another hawk that I got a picture of, he just wasn't as close. I say God sent it, because this morning I asked Him if I could please see one and He sent it on the side of the house I specifically prayed for. I like them because they remind me of one of my favorite passages in Isaiah 40:30. Also saw a beautiful bird I have never seen, the owner of the condo says it is called a Groesbeck. I didn't have the camera out then, and haven't been able to find a picture of one on the internet. Can you see the hawk/eagle in the upper right?


Another thing that God does quite frequently for me is give me a heart in the shape of cloud. So thought I would show you what He did today. Too cool!

We leave in the morning. We are going to Ruidoso and will still be in the mountains but won't have the view that we have had here and with 26 relatives going to bet there, we won't have the peace and quiet either. Thanks to all of you who have sent birthday wishes. My friend Bubba the dog here says "I can't believe you are 55"(and no that isn't in dog years :)

1 comment:

The Texas Trio said...

Looks like you are having such fun! I really enjoy birdwatching too. I think the bird you are looking for is a grosbeak? Try that and maybe you can find a picture on the internet!

Quenta