There is nothing better than a good ole' mountain thunderstorm! Steve and I enjoyed watching the clouds build up today and finally had to come in about 4:30 as it started pouring and then rained about 2 hours. It cooled things off so nicely and it smells fabulous! Made us doubly glad that we were staying an extra day!! Here are some pictures from our deck today. This first one I thought looked like a big rabbit in the sky but by the time I had Steve bring me the camera the ears had started falling apart. Maybe you can still see it?

The next two are from our deck before the thunderstorm rolled in.


Here comes the rain!

Steve let me take a picture of him on the deck as we watched the lightning, listened to the thunder and waited for the storm to come from one mountain side through the valley and to our side.

We both praised God for allowing us to witness such a majestic display of His splendor. Indeed the heavens do declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of His hands (Psalms 19:1)
2 comments:
It looks beautiful there. I remember in El Paso after the rain how it smelled like mesquite or something. Here in Louisiana, it only smells like wet dirt. Glad you all are having a good time.
Oh I love Colorado!
I remember when we were there a couple of years ago how it rained every afternoon around 4p.m! They told us that was the norm in the mountains. It looks awesome! I hope that you guys are having a blast :)
Post a Comment