Tonight Steve and I were blessed to watch Melissa Landry marry Jeff Stringer. I just love weddings. It always takes me back to my own wedding and remembering how that day is filled with so much emotion. You think that nothing will ever change. You really don't have a clue what marriage is really going to entail. It really is a day when you are living a dream.
Melissa was a beautiful bride. I always love watching the groom's face as his bride comes down the aisle. Just something special about that anticipation.
I am glad that R.E. is a place where there is freedom to have whatever kind of music you want for a wedding. Melissa had a string quartet and they played "How Beautiful" as she walked down the aisle. What a perfect song. The very song reminding us that we as the church are the bride of Christ. John Siburt did a nice job of reminding us all that our marriages testify to the world what God's love looks like.
They had a D.J. and one of the songs was my favorite that I love to sing to Steve.
It is Anne Murray's "Could I Have This Dance"
Yep, I love weddings. We get to go to three more this summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment