Last night Steve and I drove over to Richland Hills to attend the 5:00 service of Richland Hills church of Christ and have dinner with my dear friend Patty and her husband Wade. The service was great. Rick Atchley is a wonderful communicator and had an awesome lesson on spiritual warfare that I will share about later. But as we were waiting for Patty to be able to leave, her husband Wade showed us the new children's ministry t-shirt. It said "We are wild about children at RHCC" and done in a safari motif. It had the scripture Matthew 18:5 on it.
Wade went on to tell us that after they passed the t-shirts out to all the teachers one of the teachers came and asked Patty what the verse had to do with children's ministry. Although Patty thought it was obvious, she said nicely to the lady "well, you know it's the verse where Jesus says to let the children come to me for such is the kingdom of heaven" The lady, said I don't think so I looked it up and it says "Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt." They had accidentally put Matthew 18:25 on the shirt, instead of Matthew 18:5!! Needless to say she had to recall all 500 shirts and pass out new ones. Of all the verses that could have been used! They had signed off on the proofreading, but had just missed the error. Steve and I laughed so hard.
2 comments:
That was funny! Made me laugh.
that is a funny story- glad you were able to hang out w/ my parents a bit... I know they enjoyed it too!
Post a Comment