I love wind chimes!! Doesn't seem like there has been much chiming the past few days, guess there just hasn't been any wind? When I was growing up we would enter my grandmother's house through the side and there was a room with her washer, dryer and freezer and wind chimes! They were the kind made out of glass. I just loved opening the door and hearing the chimes. Mine are along the eaves of roof in the backyard but I can hear them really well from my bedroom and den. Steve's father built me a beautiful set by hand many years ago out of wood from their property in Omaha and steel pipes that he cut himself (the one on the right side of the first picture) For years I kept them inside as I didn't want them to weather but the problem was I never heard them chime. Their intended purpose was muted because they were not where the wind could move them. After Steve's father died I decided I would rather have them outside doing what they were made to do. Now when they chime I not only think of Steve's dad but my grandmother. I am thankful for the wind and the joyful sounds it makes in my backyard.
As I type this I realize there is a spiritual application, that neither can we do what we were created to do unless we let the breeze of the Holy Spirit freely blow through us.
2 comments:
I love wind chimes as well! My grandmother used to have one hanging above the door in her dining room so when we walked in you could always take your hand at bat at them getting them to chime. They were also in front of the back door which she kept open often.
I have them hanging all above my back porch so that I can hear them when I am in the kitchen as well as a couple in my kitchen. My stepdad, along with Bri and Tori, made me a set a couple of Christmas' ago. I have always thought of them as a way to allow you to hear God moving about the earth! You can't see what is making them move, but they are sooo beautiful!
I love wind chimes too! I just got some wind chimes this year for the first time! We have just started spending more time in the backyard lately, and I love the sound of wind chimes. They are so peaceful!
I have the set of wind chimes that you gave me up in my house. I love them!
Post a Comment