Sunday, September 23, 2007

Peaceful Warrior

Thanks to Becky I got my first Netflix movie in the mail yesterday. It took me forever to find any movies I had not seen and wanted to watch. I found one called Peaceful Warrior that I had never heard of but it sounded good. The only person in it I had ever heard of was Nick Nolte (and he is old in this movie). Anyway...at first I wasn't getting the movie and not really enjoying but by the time it ended it had touched me. This is a movie about a gymnast named Dan Millman. I had never heard of him but I guess he is now a motivational speaker. Anyway...I just wanted to post a couple of quotes from Socrates (the Nick Nolte character) who was a mentor to Dan. There were some great reflective thoughts in this movie.

1. A warrior does not give up what he loves but finds what he loves in what he does.
2. You can choose to be a victim, victor or anything else you choose to be.
3. The journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination.
4. Take out the trash. The trash would be anything that is keeping you from what matters in this moment.
5. What happens to you is what should of happened because it did. Wishing it to be different won't change it.
6. Life is God's novel....let Him write it.
7. We need to navigate through life without the what if's, shoulds, coulds and dwell on what is. There is no living in the past or the future only the present, if your next breath does not come you cease to be.

Hope you don't mind me asking you to pray another time. There is a new pain in my left foot so I am having it x-rayed in the morning and just hoping it is nothing serious. It is just hurting when I walk and I thought it best to have it checked out before I leave for Hawaii.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those are some great quotes.

Hope everything is okay with your foot...praying for you!

Heather