I have been wanting to write this post since Wednesday, but just have not taken the time to do it. Steve and I are attending a discussion group on A.W. Tozer's book "The Pursuit of God:the human thirst for the divine".
There are some really deep thoughts in this book and I just thought I would post a few of the quotes that have caused me to stop and think a little.
"Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth. Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people. He waits to be wanted."
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever."
"Eternity will not be long enough to learn all He is, or to praise HIm for all that He has done."
"No point is nearer to God than any other point. It is exactly as near to God from any place as it is from any other place. No one is in mere distance any further from or any nearer to God than any other person."
"God is forever speaking Himself out to His creation. God is speaking, not God spoke, but God is speaking."
"The voice of God is a friendly voice."
No comments:
Post a Comment