Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Lessons Learned

So today in Ladies Bible Class we finished the "I Saw The Lord" study. There were several comments in the video today that caught my attention that I thought I would share.

The lesson was about God's call on Nehemiah's life and Nehemiah's desire to rebuild the walls. He prays this prayer in Nehemiah 1:5-7, 11: "Then I said: 'O Lord, God of heaven, the great and awesome god, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his commands, let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel. I confess the sins we Israelites including myself and my father's house have committed against you. We have acted very wickedly toward you. We have not obeyed the commands, decrees and laws you gave your servant Moses. O lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.'"

Made me wonder if I have ever had that kind of passion in a prayer?

If God is the Lord of your life you can't play it safe. We must do whatever the burden demands. Faith is like a muscle...the more your exercise it the stronger it gets. Don't look at what resources you have before you step out. Trust God will supply all my needs. God will never call me without equipping me first.

There was also this verse from I Samuel 2:35 "I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in my heart and mind." So could God say that of me??

On a side track Henry Blackaby was talking about how he hears a lot of people complain about the condition of a church and try to explain why they are leaving to find another church and he said he will just ask those people "do you think God knew the condition of that church when He made you a part of it?" That is a soapbox of mine. Do I know other members well enough that when they leave I actually feel like one of my fingers or toes is missing? God does make us body and when someone leaves we should notice our body is not complete.

No comments: