Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Celebrating 19 years

Steve and I celebrated 19 years of marriage today. We both commented that we cannot believe we are only a year away from 20! It just seems the years have flown by. One of the things we have regretted over the years is not having a professional photographer at our wedding so we don't have a good picture but here we were 19 years ago and then our first anniversary picture.


Several years ago Steve and I went to a His Needs, Her Needs seminar and then later became facilitators. In that course you take an inventory in the recreation section to see what you enjoy doing. At that time we both had rated boating rather high, but had never done anything with it. Well today we went to Lake Ray Hubbard and rented a pontoon boat for 4 hours. We had so much fun!
The weather was just perfect, not too hot. I think the car said 86 degrees when we pulled up. About 5:00the water got rather choppy and one time the boat went up and kind of took my breath away, but most of the day it was pretty calm. We enjoyed watching an array of birds, and unfortunately I missed with the camera watching a majestic egret hover over the water. If you haven't ever been around Lake Hubbard (as we had not) then you also do not know that there are just a few amazing houses on the banks. I know we are not suppose to envy. But I did have a little envy for this one.


We finished the day by eating at the Fish Company at Bass Pro Shop. I had a really good Macademia Mahi Mahi. We enjoyed sitting across from the huge aquarium and watching the fish. God was just so awesome in giving us such beauty and diversity to marvel at.


I have to admit I enjoyed driving the boat and being on the lake as much as I thought I would. Steve, not being a swimmer, was not quite as confident as I, but I really saw the "need for speed" which in the pontoon boat the max was 50. So I am thinking next time I want a boat like this one :)



Thank you Father God for blessing me with the best husband in the world!!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!!

What a great way to spend the day. Sounds like fun!

owldog90 said...

I am so glad to see your wedding picture and I also Thank God the weather was perfect for your date on the lake. Sounds like something we should do.

Tim Perkins said...

Congrats on the 19 years!! I think you both married very well.

Carole and I have wondered about that restaurant. Sounds like you endorse it, right?

Lynn Leaming said...

I thought it was okay. Not too pricy. But probably wouldn't drive out of my way to go back there. They did have really good bread.